Wanted!!! Faculty Manager to join a prestigious medical membership organisation based in central London. This organisation is currently the examining body for seven different specialist medical diplomas. Salary £35,000 per annum plus benefits
As Faculty Manager you will play a crucial role in ensuring that the administration of the Faculty course, membership and events are carried out efficiently, you will work with key internal and external stakeholders to manage the delivery of course days and other lectures. Planning is an important part of the role and the ability to maintain efficient and cost effective processes.
This is an exciting permanent opportunity, to join a small but busy team, on a hybrid basis, working in a fabulous, historic location. The primary purpose of this role will be to manage the administration of activities relating to course and event delivery, for the Faculty. You will provide support to the President, Executive Committee members and guest lecturers to enable them to carry out their duties effectively. Ensure quality, efficiency and accuracy of processes in order to maintain the high standards and reputation of the organisation.Responsibilities
- Act as the central point of contact for the Faculty, responding to emails, phone calls and posting via social media
- Provide administrative assistance to the Faculty President and Course Director in relation to course and event activities
- Schedule and organise Faculty meetings. Take minutes and distribute
- Coordinate Faculty events, including course days, short courses, symposiums and panel discussions Administrative preparation for course days (currently one per month) - tasks will include, course day itinerary, co-ordination of attendee materials, hall set up including AV equipment, liaison with all course students and lecturers.
- Coordinate the bi-annual lecture programme (Spring and Autumn) including programme development, event logistics and event marketing
- Organise other ad hoc Faculty events and fundraising activities, as relevant
- Maintain the Faculty member database, ensuring content accuracy and GDPR compliance
- Ensure Faculty members receive regular mailings regarding faculty events, lectures and information relevant to the work and future development of the Faculty
- Prepare and publish monthly newsletters for distribution to members of the faculty
- Carry out the annual reconciliation of Faculty financial accounts, including member subscriptions.
- Assist the Society Accountant with these accounts for approval by the President and Board of Trustees.
- Support the Faculty President, Course Director and Head of the Academic Department indetermining the aims and future developments of the Faculty
- Represent the Faculty at internal and external events as requested
- Liaise with Colleges, Universities, and other organisations to promote the Faculty and to advertise events and prizes
- Maintain and develop the use of social media to communicate with Faculty members. This includes Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Eventbrite, etc. Update the website, populate the Student Area with updated presentations/handouts.
- Prepare criteria and advertise all prizes (Student Elective Prizes and Journey Essay Prize).
- Update all medical school contact lists.
- Register new students; preparing them with the syllabus, timetable and course regulations.
- Maintain the online platform 'FCCM Connect' in accordance with Faculty values by posting on the main feed, recruiting alumni, students and members to join and updating the jobs board and events pages.
- Process course related expenses and payments and maintain accurate financial records.
The organisation pension scheme will match employee contributions up to 10% of salary.
Annual leave - is 20 days, plus two weeks at Christmas (including public holidays), plus the standard public holidays. Hybrid working. There will be a requirement to work outside of normal working hours on occasion during busy exam periods for which TOIL will be given.
Submit your CV now for immediate review.
Interviews to take place ASAP