Senior Procurement Lead OfficerWest Midlands£500 per day6-12 month contractHome working with 2 days in the office per week
As their Senior Procurement Officer you will report to the Head of Procurement and will play a key role in improving the on-going performance of the Procurement Team through a continuous improvement programme. You will be expected to provide the business with best practice procurement advice in relation to complex disciplines and will support the Head of Procurement in managing the expectations of key stakeholders and implementing strategic change. The role holder will be required to present to boards and committees, as required, and will fully support a team of procurement professionals within a fast-paced environment.
As their Senior Procurement Officer you will also manage and lead their own portfolio of Procurement projects and tenders.Experience required for the role
- This role would be ideally suited to a procurement professional with experience in Adult Education i.e Department for Education. Alternatively, any experience in Higher / Further education facilities would be advantageous to evidence an understanding of the sector. Housing or Energy Sectors would also be considered.
- Purchasing experience is essential
- Experience of computerised financial systems is essential.
- Experience of e-tendering systems is essential
- CIPS or MCIPS would be highly desirable
- Prior experience in leading on tenders for contract values of £50M to £500M
- Experience in supporting the mobilisation post contract award by leading on specific contract management processes, supplier relationship management, ongoing performance management and specific contract implementation meetings and processes (including grant funding processes).
- Experience of implementing bespoke procurement frameworks
- Local Authority experienced candidates would not be preferred, but Central Government (Department for Education) and the wider Education Sector would be desirable.
Please get in touch for more information on this role and to discuss the business in detail, email@example.com