: Housing Benefits OfficerLocation
: Pertemps Recruitment Partnership for Harrow CouncilContract Type
: Temporary AssignmentHours of Work
: 36 hours per week, Monday to FridayOverview of a Housing Benefit Officer
Pertemps have an exciting opportunity within Harrow Council for a self-driven and motivated Housing Benefit Officer to join an expanding team. The role of a Housing Benefit Officer has a competitive pay rate of £14.49 per hour, increasing in line with Harrow Council Pay Scale increments. Other benefits include, accruing up to 28 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays) and the opportunity to apply for any internal permanent roles within Harrow Council.The Main Purpose of a Housing Benefit Officer
About you, the successful candidate will have:
- To have in depth knowledge of Harrow's Council Tax Support scheme to ensure payment is made in a timely and accurate manner
- To ensure quality and performance targets for the services are met
- To undertake complex financial assessments, recover overpaid benefits and prevent and detect fraud in accordance with Government Regulation and guidance and in full compliance with Council guidelines, policies and procedures
- To make decisions on and implement Housing Benefit/Council Tax Support backdating requests
- To work with key stakeholders such as landlords when requested ensuring that the partnership working is effective, and that accurate information is provided.
- Experience of dealing effectively and courteously with members of the public, especially irate claimants
- Substantial practical experience of Housing Benefit/Council Tax Benefit/Support assessment work in a back-office environment
- Ability to work in a performance environment and to achieve set targets including for accuracy
- Good IT knowledge including Microsoft packages such as Excel
If you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please click 'apply'About Us
- For almost 60 years, Pertemps Recruitment Partnership has been the market leader in providing permanent and temporary staffing solutions and we are one of the most established players within the recruitment industry. The Sunday Times has listed us as one of the Best 100 Companies to work for 14 years running. We are not a big scary faceless company, quite the opposite: we strongly believe in the personal touch with everything we do. We are proud to be an accredited 'investor in people' which is reflected across our business in the length of service and career progression of our employees.
- Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.