Are you an experienced Graduate Structural Engineer who is looking for the next big step in your career?
We are assisting a respected and established civil and structural engineering consultancy, based in the Cardiff area, in their search for a Structural Engineer. This independent business has a fantastic reputation and a team which includes several chartered structural engineers all experienced with mentoring engineers through their chartership, there couldn’t be a better local practice for an aspiring engineer.
Projects tend to be varied and based both locally and nationally. They include:
- High end bespoke residential up to £4m
- Multi-storey accommodation
- Heritage (currently working on three castles)
You can expect to be working in all traditional materials.
This practice aims to give all its engineers complete exposure to all stages of the design process, as such all engineers are expected to be involved not only in design but dealing directly with clients and other stakeholders. This tried and tested method has help develop many a successful engineer
Responsibilities will include:
- Structural surveys and report writing
- Producing design calculations
- Contributing at design team meetings
- Site visits
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients, contractors and architects
- Managing and delivering your own small projects while assisting on larger schemes
The speed at which you wish to increase responsibilities is largely down to you and what you are comfortable with .
This role comes with an attractive benefits package and a salary ranging from £27,000 - £34,000 depending on your level of experience. The consultancy is based in a convenient location with onsite parking and the role comes with flexible working hours