Safety Advisor You can be based in any of the following areas: BirminghamLondonBristolYorkManchester 6 – 12 Month Contract £21.67 £25.15 Per Hour £42,257 - £49,043 SalaryAbout The Company:
A Non- Ministerial Government Regulatory Authority is looking for a Safety Advisor. Due to the nature of the position, you can be based in any of the following areas, Birmingham, London, Manchester, York, Bristol. This is a 12 Month contract to be the Lead on the strategic direction and approach for the implementation and delivery of the roll out of Smart Motorways.Key Responsibilities of the Safety Advisor:
If you have the above experience and can start immediately, please “HIT APPLY” and upload a copy of an up-to-date CV. Thank You.
- Provide expertise on safety matters related to the strategic road network. This includes providing specialist knowledge and advice on the safety components related to smart motorways e.g. Stopped Vehicle Detection (SVD)
- Support the Head of Safety and Performance on the development and production of a new health and safety report on smart motorways. This will include identifying and developing data and reporting requirements for the report.
- Draw on the authority’s specialist subjects’ experts and build effective relationships to develop a view on the safety of smart motorways. This includes liaising with members of the Highways team and railway safety colleagues.
- Engage with key external stakeholders as needed. This includes senior colleagues at the Department for Transport, National Highways and Transport Focus.
- Present analysis and recommendations to Executive/Highways Committee/Board as required.