We are looking for experienced Environmental Assistant for an immediate start ongoing temporary assignment based in Bangor.
Working within the Environmental Assessment and Advice Team you will provide environmental monitoring, assessment advice and reporting, for the fisheries monitoring and sampling disciplines.
The role will support in provision of monitoring, assessment, advice and reporting and will involve:
- Carrying out environmental monitoring - electric fishing and/or water quality sampling
- Collating, validating and inputting monitoring data and other monitoring evidence into proprietary software and data storage applications
- Assisting with monitoring survey work and data collection to deliver monitoring programmes, as required
The successful candidate must have:
- Practical experience of monitoring in the freshwater environment, especially electric fishing and water quality sampling is desirable
- Good knowledge of IT systems, to include ArcMap Microsoft Office software, especially Word, Excel and SharePoint
The ability to drive and swim is essential
The role will be predominantly working in the field and is physically demanding.