Pertemps Managed Solutions has been engaged to find a 3 X Demand planners for a world renowned FMCG Company. There is a business need to combine the sales history and judgement as to what assumptions are likely to materialise in order to predict the market volume sales. The volume forecast that the demand planner produces is the foundation upon which the S&OP process is built and all business decisions are based upon.
This role will be a hybrid position with an expectation to be on-site 2 days a week in Slough and the other 3 remote. The contract will initially last for 6 Months on a day rate of £250 Per day.
- Co-pilots the Marketing and Sales teams by translating distribution and ROS assumptions to propose activity volume forecast by Channel. Is the key contact for Supply in communicating the latest market forecast and requirements. Adding value to the long term integrated planning planning process
- Data preparation in JDA – cleansing one off events from Sales history i.e. seasonal anomalies, clearance sales, setting up new products, delisting end of line product
- Choose the best fit statistical model for a SKU or range of SKUs and generate the statistical forecast in the demand planning tool (JDA). Review the statistical model on a periodic basis and adjust where required. Capture the assumptions.
- Use judgement to decide where to manually adjust the forecast using building blocks (business intelligence from across the market). Record the assumptions. Capture any cycle on cycle changes.
- Identify risks and opportunities to the forecast as a basis for discussion at the Assumptions / Reconciliation meeting). Ensure that all risks and opportunities (R&O) are captured during the cycle and shared with the UK S&OP forums and European Step 3 forums. Ensure that the R&Os are reviewed and updated each cycle.
- Review performance of actuals vs forecast against business metrics. Run root cause analysis and identify corrective action and preventative measures (CAPAs). Adjust the future forecast accordingly.
- Finalizes the demand forecast. Reviews the volume forecast in value for review with S&F. Understands and can articulate gaps to targets.
- Is a key contributor to the CMOS process explaining the assumptions behind the 0-12 week forecast for Supply. Attends the weekly CMOS meetings to understand any risks to delivery of the volume forecast. Adjusts the forecast in line with market quotas.
- The job holder may be required to lead the DMR and attend S&OP step meetings to represent the Demand Planning function. They will also take a lead role for the team in aligning what exceptions will be discussed with the Sales Director and the DP head in the W4 Reconciliation meeting