Procurement Lead OfficerWest Midlands£450 per day6-12 month contractHome working with 2 days in the office per week
A Procurement Lead Officer is required on an interim basis to work within the Public Sector bringing their knowledge and skills to this successful business. The role will be responsible for leading and managing complex and strategic collaborative and local procurement projects to ensure their effective delivery in line with customer requirement and timescales.
Experience required for the role
- This role would be ideally suited to a procurement professional with experience in Adult Education i.e Department for Education. Alternatively, any experience in Higher / Further education facilities would be advantageous to evidence an understanding of the sector. Housing or Energy Sectors would also be considered.
- Purchasing experience is essential
- Experience of computerised financial systems is essential.
- Experience of e-tendering systems is essential
- CIPS or MCIPS would be highly desirable
- Prior experience in leading on tenders for contract values of £50M to £500M
- Experience in supporting the mobilisation post contract award by leading on specific contract management processes, supplier relationship management, ongoing performance management and specific contract implementation meetings and processes (including grant funding processes).
- Experience of implementing bespoke procurement frameworks
- Local Authority experienced candidates would not be preferred, but Central Government (Department for Education) and the wider Education Sector would be desirable.
Please get in touch for more information on this role and to discuss the business in detail, firstname.lastname@example.org