Company: Food Manufacturing – large and well established companyPosition: Head of Health Safety and Environment, across 3 businesses and managing a team of 4
Home based with travel to sites
Full time, 12 month fixed term contract with possibility for extension
37.5 hour working week - family friendly and flexible working policies
Salary: £80,000 - £90,000 per annum plus package which includes, 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays), private healthcare, 10% matched pension scheme with life assurance and product discounts.I am currently representing an organisation who prides themselves on looking after their people, the environment and have a great safety record. They are looking for the right candidate to maintain these high standards and to drive the HSE agenda forward.As a valued member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will work with Senior Leaders across the 3 businesses to set the HSE agenda; ensuring the appropriate culture and resources are in place to meet all requirements in relation to occupational health, safety, environment, liability and physical risk management.Main responsibilities:
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Deliver a compelling HSE vision, strategy and annual plan which the businesses take ownership of.
- Effectively lead, support and develop the Health, Safety and Environment team and site based Advisors.
- Keep the businesses up to date with regulatory standards, enforcement policy and emerging risks; ensuring the appropriate procedures and tools are in place and well communicated.
- Deliver key elements of the HSE Programme, including accident & incident management, risk assessments, culture diagnostics & change, inspection & audit.
- Champion the sustainability agenda and drive improvements in all aspects of our environmental management.
- To build excellent internal and external networks, ensuring best practice is shared.
- Directly manage a team of 4 safety professionals
- Lead and develop exciting HSE specific projects which encourages driver safety, development of energy saving initiatives and enhancing sustainability.
Essential characteristics and personality traits :
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Fast moving manufacturing sector experience within a senior Health Safety and Environment position
Interested and want to know more? Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 454 5000Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.
- Ability to influence and engage at all levels of the organisation
- Resilient and innovative in their approach
- Credible, positive and pragmatic