Network Design Specialist
My client requires a Senior Network Specialist to develop and support of the Network passive infrastructure (including flood-wired cabling systems, cross-campus fibre optic cabling systems, and Telecoms Rooms), together with the organisations Network active infrastructure (including firewalls, load balancers, switches, routers, wireless controllers including the network management and monitoring systems and services within the remit of the Network Team. 6 months Birmingham OUTSIDE IR35 £450 - £500 per day Hybrid Duties;
- To make significant contribution to the strategic development and design of the campus network active Data Centre infrastructure through carrying out investigations/developments in emerging network technologies and networked services (for example, Data Centre Networking, Automation, Wireless networking, IPV6, VoIP, multicasting, video streaming/conferencing, security policy development, intrusion detection/prevention) following IT Services Project Management processes and procedures.
- To make significant contribution to the operation of the organisations Network active infrastructure. This includes the day-to-day operation of the various components comprising the active infrastructure (including Ethernet switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, wireless infrastructure, and network management systems) following IT Services Change Control processes and procedures. Of critical importance is the effective monitoring of the organisations network (including performance monitoring, security, and other uses of the network) to ensure reliable operation, working closely with our suppliers in fault finding and problem resolution following IT Services Incident Management processes and procedures.
- To participate in the development and/or operation of Network Registration systems, DHCP and DNS following IT Services Project Management and Change Control processes and procedures.
- To lead or participate in Public/Private Cloud projects to investigate, develop, pilot and bring into operation various network infrastructure and/or network service initiatives following IT Services Project Management and Change Control processes and procedures.
- To lead on network automation and associated technologies to streamline central processes and operations.
- Day-to-day operation of the various cabling systems within buildings and across the organisation following IT Services Project Management, Change Control, and Incident Management processes and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required
Highly Desirable experience/qualifications in any of the following technologies
- Formal education to degree level or equivalent.
- Experience of Network Data Centre Design, Architecture and Support particularly Cisco ACI
- Experience of Firewall Design & Architecture particularly Fortinet
- Good broad knowledge of C&IT, including latest technology industry trends.
- At least five years’ relevant experience in Network development
- Ability to work cooperatively and collectively within a team environment.
- Customer relationship management skills.
- Communication skills written and oral.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of Higher Education and its environment.
- Automation/Scripting technologies i.e. Ansible / Terraform
- Cisco Data Centre Networking
- F5 – BIGIP
- HPE/Aruba Wireless/Wired Networking
- Network Monitoring – Solarwinds, Aruba Airview
- Network/Packet Analysis
If you have the relevant skills and experience please apply immediately with your most recent CV.