We are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner
to join our amazing Thames Water team. The role is currently working remotely but will be based in Reading with some travel required to our various sites.
The role will be supporting the Head of HR, to develop and deliver our agenda and associated activities in our Operational business.
It’s an exciting time to join Thames Water. The industry is transforming and at pace. We have a challenging agenda to deliver on our 5-year business plan for 2020-2025.Key Accountabilities:
We’re looking for you to:
- Deliver HR Leadership/ direction in an operational area of the business
- Effective stakeholder relationship building, creating a HR network for best practice across all delivery partners
- Actively contribute to the high level of employee engagement in your area of the business
- Upskilling and coaching managers on raising the bar on performance and having effective performance, development, and coaching conversations
- Present people data and HR updates at meetings for Stakeholder groups, with a focus on trend analysis and using the data analytics to inform your people plan and business decisions
- Participate and contribute to the internal HR transformation agenda focused on fixing the basics and raising the bar
What’s in it for you!
- Be a solid HR Generalist, who has operated as an HR Business Partner, in complex, and fast-paced organisation
- You should be able to demonstrate a track record of proactive HR delivery with diverse business/client groups, and have the ability to understand the business challenges and translate these into a strategic people plan
- Have experience in partnering and influencing senior leadership teams
- Previous experience of working within an Operational led environment with a strong focus on transforming customer outcomes would be beneficial but isn’t essential
- You’ll need to be comfortable ‘rolling up your sleeves as well as working individually to get things done with a collaborative outlook to work across the business with other Senior HR Business Partners
- Although a CIPD qualified, or equivalent would be beneficial, we would also welcome this person to have a proven HR Business partnering background and are an expert in their field
- We are looking for someone who is professional and easy going / informal, a ‘big picture thinker
Working within a matrix environment, the successful candidate will gain great exposure to a huge range of projects, business stakeholders, suppliers and wider business streams.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding, and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water.About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.