Who are we?
We're the UK's largest water provider, with over 15 million customers to serve every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We make a difference daily to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of water to around 10 million homes. Our main role is to ensure customers can turn on the tap and get world class drinking water 24/7. We also safely transport and treat waste, returning it back to the environment.About the role:
Exciting things are happening within Thames Water and the water industry as a whole to improve end customers service and this is the perfect opportunity to join us on our journey. Thames Water is at the forefront of the wholesale retail market and the inter wholesale market, known as the New Appointments and Variations market (NAV).
WMS is required to develop, implement and facilitate the delivery of Thames Waters’ Market obligations. We enable the sale of services to all companies licensed to operate in the Water Markets, this equates to over £400m of revenue that is managed within the team. As well as managing up to approximately £200m of risk associated with market compliance.
This is a unique opportunity to play a major part in shaping and driving this process, creating revenue, drive insight and improve performance for the business. We will provide you with all the tools you need to grow within the business and embark on a successful career with Thames Water.
We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our wholesale market services department which facilitates the delivery of our business’s new market obligations. We enable the sale of services to all companies licensed to operate in the water markets, this equates to over £400m of revenue that is managed within the team. As well as managing approximately £40m of risk associated with market compliance.
You will form part of the market operations team and will drive a focused initiative with a direct impact or recognised revenue and the organisation’s cash position.What you’ll be doing:
What we’re looking for:
- Being a self-starter with skills in Data analysis, reporting and project management.
- Identifying and sizing issues that are holding up cash flow
- Prepare analysis and/or reports and present options to prioritise and resolve identified issues.
- Create and manage project plan to ensure progress towards resolution
- Coordinate with multiple teams within WMS and across Thames to support progress against plan
- Report project progress, identify and raise risks at appropriate levels
- Lead meetings, workshops and one-to-one sessions to facilitate progress against plan
What’s in it for you!
- We are seeking a resilient individual with a strong analytical background and project management background
- You will have good commercial awareness, excellent initiative and the ability to lead people from diverse teams towards a common, time bound goal
- You will be comfortable with extracting, analysing and interpreting data with a view to providing usable insights
- You will be able to plan and track your own work and ask for support when appropriate.
- You will have good written and verbal communication skills and will be confident presenting to your peers and Managers
- A proactive approach and drive to get things done is essential
- Good skills with Excel are essential and additional data analysis and presentation tools like PowerBI are beneficial. Working knowledge of project management principles is desirable
Thames Water is a dynamic, rewarding and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy a fulfilling career, flexible working arrangements and really great benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Find out more about working at Thames Water.
We deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities and the environment can thrive. This means, when a crisis happens, we all rally round to support our customers. As part of your role, you’ll be required to participate in a rota to provide Customer Incident Support, as requested by the Company from time to time. This may be by supporting our customers on the frontline as an Ambassador or being part of the team managing the incident as a Control Tower Lead. This is incredibly rewarding, and you’ll be given full training – it’s also a great opportunity to learn more about our business and meet colleagues.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can’t consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.