Pertemps have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Economic Development Officer to join Plymouth City Council in what will be an initial 6-week assignment, with a realistic possibility of the role extending into 2023.
As a Senior Economic Development Officer, your focus will be all about improving the economy of Plymouth, by attracting new businesses, encouraging investment opportunities, increasing job opportunities, promoting leisure and tourism and identifying opportunities for sustainable growth and development.
Candidates will have knowledge of the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and will have a background in finance/European funding.
As a Senior Economic Development Officer, you may be involved in:
- Carrying out surveys, research and consultations in order to write a local economic development strategy
- Creating an action plan in order to implement the economic development strategy and monitoring its progress
- Seeking opportunities for external funding and making bids
- Project managing economic development and regeneration schemes
- Working closely in partnership with other organisations including the Chamber of Commerce
- Providing advice for local entrepreneurs and business start-ups
- Acting as a first point of call for investment enquiries
- Promoting the development of tourism in the area
- Encouraging sustainable business practices
A Senior Economic Development Officer will possess some but not necessarily all of the below:
- Business acumen
- Financial ability
- Communication skills
- An ability to build relationships with partner organisations, and network
- Project management experience
- An understanding of development and regeneration
- An understanding of strategic direction
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work with Plymouth City Council via Pertemps, please apply online now.