An exciting opportunity has arisen to work at Plymouth City Council via Pertemps Recruitment as a Legal Assistant within Debt Recovery. The hourly rate for this assignment is £12.42 and could last until December.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of debt recovery or at least experience as a legal secretary. You should be available immediately and able to work on a full-time basis Monday - Friday.
Hybrid working, after training, is available.
The general duties could include the following:
- Managing a debt recovery caseload.
- Managing court proceedings / Drafting applications
- You will be comfortable with investigatory work as part of the debt recovery process. This will include letter writing, email and telephone correspondence.
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of civil and criminal litigation, to include taking witness statements and preparing court bundles, including instruction to Counsel.
- Formally represent the Authority as an advocate in contested summary prosecutions, interim applications for triable either way offences, and all civil applications arising in the Debt Recovery team.
- Research law and case precedents in relation to the case, assessing risks and outcomes and all parties liabilities.
- Under supervision, provide bespoke legal advice and assistance to relevant departments aiming to provide appropriate legal solutions.
To be considered for this post you should have either:
- MILEX & 4 yrs qualifying experience
- Degree in Law (or non Law Degree & CPE)
- Debt recovery experience.
Please apply online to be considered for the post, or other opportunities within Plymouth City Council's legal department.