Pertemps Recruitment on behalf of Buckinghamshire Council has an exciting opportunity for a Clerical Assistant to join the Administration team at the Chiltern's Crematorium (HP7 area).
Our crematoria team provides expert service to local communities, ensuring every customer feels guided and supported. From building relationships with funeral directors and families, to taking bookings for cremation services and processing statutory documentation, this is a busy and rewarding role where you'll see the impact of your work in front of you. We are looking for a Clerical Assistant to join our busy team
Working alongside the team you will play an important role in assisting with the administrative work at the crematorium, helping to ensure that the highest standards of care are achieved across our services and that the service operates smoothlyAbout the role
As a Clerical Assistant you will provide administrative support for our crematoria, helping to ensure that the highest standards of care are delivered to our customers. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Responding to enquiries from customers, families and funeral directors
- Taking bookings for cremation services and commemorative events
- Processing media requests for funeral services
- Processing memorial applications and sending out lease renewal letters
- Checking, inputting and processing statutory documentation for forthcoming funeral services
- This is a temporary position for three months, though there is potential for this to be extended further. The pay rate is £10.92 per hour, and you will be working full time, 37 hours per week.
You'll come to us with relevant experience of working as part of a team to deliver a high level of customer service, used to working to deadlines and able to prioritise your work. You will have an eye for detail and be confident using computer systems, recording information and checking payments. You'll be comfortable working in a customer facing role and will have good communication and interpersonal skills to work with colleagues, contractors and customers. Above all, you'll be a caring and sensitive individual, with the ability to communicate effectively with families, as you guide them through a particularly difficult and challenging time.
We're proud of what our colleagues have achieved over the last year, particularly working throughout the Covid-19 pandemic. Working under strict government restrictions has been challenging, and our teams work above and beyond to make sure our customers remain at the heart of what we do. We're still facing ongoing pressures, so an adaptable, forward-thinking and 'can-do' attitude is necessary.About us and our Client
As a flexible employee of Pertemps Recruitment Partnership Ltd, you will be joining a Company that holds the distinction of being one of the largest and most successful independent recruitment agencies in the country. Our pioneering spirit and ability to tap into the uniqueness of each individual's talents has enabled us to open doors for our employees, our clients and our applicants too. Our philosophies and rewards are built very much on mutual trust and respect within the style of a partnership in which we hope you will feel both fulfilled and valued as a person
Buckinghamshire Council are a leading Authority with offices in Aylesbury, Amersham and High Wycombe, whose values represent exactly what they are - Proud, Ambitious, Collaborative and Trustworthy. By joining Buckinghamshire Council, you can expect:
- a fair and inclusive culture
- the chance to really make a difference to your local community and those around you
- health and well-being initiatives including Mental Health First Aiders and mindfulness workshops
- ongoing support, and the opportunity to develop and progress in your career
- opportunities to take part in fun activities such as fundraising and social events
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.Apply now or call, text or email the team for further information:
01296 489621We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so please be advised to submit your application as early as possible.