Pertemps Recruitment on behalf of Buckinghamshire Council has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administrator to join the Children's Services team in their Aylesbury office (HP19 area). Working alongside the team you will play an important role in providing an effective and efficient administrative support service to the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) team, ensuring all functions are carried out to a high level of accuracyAbout the role
As an Administrator you will have a number of responsibilities including, but not limited to the following:
- Maintaining diaries including using electronic systems
- Dealing with and tracking incoming correspondence, emails, fax and telephone calls and respond to queries from internal and external customers
- Arranging and attending meetings, taking minutes and distributing papers, as required
- Maintaining and developing efficient office systems
- Gathering, collating and chasing up information
- Completing and processing paperwork and information using manual and computerised systems
- Assisting in general office services such as post distribution, maintenance of stationery supplies, circulation of information etc.
This is a temporary position until 24th June 2022, though there is potential for this to be extended further. The pay rate is £12.99 per hour, and you will be working full time, 37 per week. Buckinghamshire Council are currently working on a hybrid basis where you will work in the office 2+ days per week and remotely for the rest of the week.
The Abbey Centre, Aylesbury is conveniently situated close to the town centre (HP19 area) with great transport links including a local train station and excellent road connections to the M25, M1, M4 and M40About you
About us and our Client
- You must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, picking up processes quickly.
- Previous experience in an administrator role is essential
- SEN Admin is desired
- The work of the team is varied and fast-paced so we are looking for an experienced and highly organised individual who can manage competing priorities and work independently and as part of a team. You will need to be empathetic with our service users and able to use your initiative when dealing with queries.
- You will be motivated to make a positive difference for our members and want to deliver total satisfaction.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant processes, systems, policies and procedures will be essential, as will good knowledge of other areas of the authority relevant to the service.
- Bringing excellent ICT skills, you will have experience of standard packages, including MS Office, Excel, and may include use of bespoke databases etc.
- Due to the frequent liaison activities, excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- You will need to be highly accurate with attention to detail. You must be able to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- You take responsibility for your work and are trusted to perform your job to the best of your ability.
As a flexible employee of Pertemps Recruitment Partnership Ltd, you will be joining a Company that holds the distinction of being one of the largest and most successful independent recruitment agencies in the country. Our pioneering spirit and ability to tap into the uniqueness of each individual's talents has enabled us to open doors for our employees, our clients and our applicants too. Our philosophies and rewards are built very much on mutual trust and respect within the style of a partnership in which we hope you will feel both fulfilled and valued as a person
Buckinghamshire Council are a leading Authority with offices in Aylesbury, Amersham and High Wycombe, whose values represent exactly what they are - Proud, Ambitious, Collaborative and Trustworthy. By joining Buckinghamshire Council, you can expect:
- a fair and inclusive culture
- the chance to really make a difference to your local community and those around you
- health and well-being initiatives including Mental Health First Aiders and mindfulness workshops
- ongoing support, and the opportunity to develop and progress in your career
- opportunities to take part in fun activities such as fundraising and social events
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
Apply now or call, text or email the team for further information:
01296 489621We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so please be advised to submit your application as early as possible.