Pertemps Recruitment, on behalf of Buckinghamshire Council, has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Support Officer to join the Resources team in Aylesbury. Working alongside the Business Development Analyst, you will play an important role in providing administrative support for Buckinghamshire Council's online shop and sales management tools, marketing materials, invoicing and reporting, social media, and events.About the role
As a Business Development Support Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative support for their e-commerce platform including catalogue, order, and user management
- General administration for their sales management tool including user management, basic reporting, keeping data up to date by making changes to accounts and uploading relevant data
- Making content updates to their commercial website pages to including details for events, training and news as well as making ad hoc content updates to product pages
- Sending customer surveys and collating responses
- Desk researching on competitor offers and pricing
- Collating and producing of regular and ad hoc commercial reports
- Monitoring the team's social media platforms and respond to customers where required
- Managing the team mailboxes and responding to requests or assigning them to colleagues where the queries are more complex
- Ensuring customer are invoiced correctly for packages and ad hoc work, working in conjunction with the Corporate Business Support team. Coordinating Invoice/charge queries and responding to customers
- Redirecting/forwarding emails to related Service desks where appropriate
- Other duties which may be required to be completed from time-to-time and which match the skills, experience, and knowledge of the job holder
This is a temporary position until December, though there is potential for this to be extended further. The pay rate is £11.81 per hour, and you will be working full time, 37 hours per week. Buckinghamshire Council are working on a hybrid basis where you will work remotely for 3-4 days per week and in the office 1-2 days per week.
The Aylesbury office is conveniently situated in the town centre (HP20 area) with great transport links including a local train station and excellent road connections to the M25, M1, M4 and M40.About you
The successful candidate(s) should have:
About us and our Client
- Relevant practical experience working as part of team to meet service standards, targets, and deadlines
- A background in customer service would benefit the post holder
- Confidence on the phone - may be speaking to people making complaints
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain technical / specialist information in a way which a non-specialist can understand
- Good ICT skills including use of Microsoft applications and specialist systems
- Knowledge of relevant products and services
As a flexible employee of Pertemps Recruitment Partnership Ltd, you will be joining a Company that holds the distinction of being one of the largest and most successful independent recruitment agencies in the country. Our pioneering spirit and ability to tap into the uniqueness of each individual's talents has enabled us to open doors for our employees, our clients and our applicants too. Our philosophies and rewards are built very much on mutual trust and respect within the style of a partnership in which we hope you will feel both fulfilled and valued as a person.
Buckinghamshire Council are a leading Authority with offices in Aylesbury, Amersham and High Wycombe, whose values represent exactly what they are - Proud, Ambitious, Collaborative and Trustworthy. By joining Buckinghamshire Council, you can expect:
- A fair and inclusive culture
- The chance to really make a difference to your local community and those around you
- Health and well-being initiatives including Mental Health First Aiders and mindfulness workshops
- Ongoing support, and the opportunity to develop and progress in your career
- Opportunities to take part in fun activities such as fundraising and social events
We are looking for someone able to start as soon as possible. Interviews will be held over Microsoft Teams/in person - more information will be provided if successful.Apply online now so we can review your application!
If you require further information on this role, use the below contact details. Please quote the following reference when getting in touch: 770100448
Phone: 01296 489621We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so please be advised to submit your application as early as possible.